2017-2018 was a full year of festivals, competitions, touring and studio time. In the Fall Reverb was one of six selected to compete at SoJam in Raleigh North Carolina. We put on a powerful performance with many audience member raving about our rendition of iRobot by Jon Bellion. In the Spring we continued our journey as one of ten groups selected for the first ever National A Cappella Convention College Invitational. Be on the look out for our next album!
Same Drugs (ops Chance the Rapper)
Reverb's most recent recording project was Same Drugs. We had the opportunity to record the music with The Vocal Company and step out of our box and record a full fledged music video with some incredible students. The video is featured above!
Reverb is Florida State University's only all-male a cappella group from Tallahassee, FL. Reverb was established by its founding members Evan Powers and Justin Womack in the Fall of 2007. Reverb performs at various concerts, competitions, and other events in the Tallahassee community and other areas in the United States. Reverb is characterized as having an identity with men who aren't afraid to break musical boundaries, dance on stage, and push past what's expected of an all-male a cappella group. Though members may change every few years, Reverb will always strive to produce performances that are musically impressive, emotionally captivating, and thoroughly entertaining.
To contact us, click here!
Our most recent awards include:
- *Best Male Collegiate Album of 2015 for "Evolve"
- *Best Original Song by a Scholastic Group for "Evolve", written by Skip Stradtman and Alex Mendez
- *Best World/Folk song for "Kite Runner", written by Skip Stradtman
- Inclusion on Best of Collegiate A Cappella CD of 2015 for "Love Me Like You Do", arranged by Skip Stradtman
- 2017 National A Cappella Convention College Invitational Competitor
- 2017 SOJAM A Cappella Festival Competitor
- 2016 ICCA South Quarterfinals, Best Soloist for Alex Mendez
- 2015 SOJAM A Cappella Festival Competitor
- 2014 Boston Sings A Cappella Festival, Champions
- 2014 SOJAM A Cappella Festival, Second-Place Overall
- 2013 ICCA Finals, Fourth-Place Overall
- 2013 ICCA South Region, Champions
*Contemporary A Cappella Recording Artists Awards
We are so thrilled with these honors and with the accomplishments we have made as a group. We are continuing to grow as an ever-changing group each year. With that being said, there is still much more to look forward to! This year was so rewarding and we are so proud of the product we delivered to our fans.
This coming year will hopefully be filled with so many more great experiences as we set foot into new projects and experiences within a cappella.